Mounting remote filesystems from Mac OS X
Using sshfs (fastest)
Using the Finder
- from the Finder (desktop) click on Go in the menu bar and select Connect to Server ....
- in the "Connect to Server" window that opens, type "smb://server/filesystem" in the Server Address:field.
- for example, to mount the User filesystem type smb://samba.classe.cornell.edu/user
- when prompted, authenticate as a Registered User using your CLASSE username and password.
- click on the "plus" button to add the connection to the "Favorite Servers:", and click on Connect to connect to the remote filesystem
- when done, unmount the filesystem by dragging its icon from your desktop into the trash.
Using the Terminal
Application (in your Applications/Utilities
folder), you can also use scp to copy files to and from any CLASSE Linux computer or ssh
to login to any CLASSE Linux computer. See man scp
and man ssh
for examples and more details.