May 2nd, 2016
CLASSE Managed Windows Computers Updates
- PDF-XChange Pro will be updated to the newest major version, v6.
- Note: Some parts of the older PDF-XChange PRO 2012 may be left behind. These can live next to the latest versions without issues. We are currently working on how to remove them and expect them to be removed in the future.
- CLASSE Managed Windows computers will reboot during maintenance windows(s) from now on if a reboot is pending so that OS functionality is better managed and third party software updates and installs work better.
- This may increase the frequency of Monday night - Tuesday morning reboots.
- TortoiseSVN client is now part of the Standard Software for CLASSE Managed Windows Computers.
- Firefox will be updated to the next major ESR release, 45.1.0. As stated before, this release removes the "Panorama" or Tab Groups function.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12:00 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12:00 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.